Tuesday 8 June 2010

Craig Oldam - Im not a stalker honest.

"Believes Design publications are self-centred and declares lack of interest in being in them."

Word.


What Discipline of design would you say you specialize in?

" The Discipline of Design is not important it's the idea."


Word.



These are just a few quotes I've taken from Craig's website. I've been looking at Music's work for ages and have really thought 'they know what there on about' turns out Craig emailed me back from Music about my work has very similar thoughts and ways of thinking ( I think ) about design as me and his website is also a prime example of how to self promote. It's also backed up my PPD presentations which was more about me not promoting my self as a brand as i think your work should realte to your client not your own personal taste. ( This could look like im branding my self within it's self if your get that.)

He's also only a year older than me and makes me feel like i need to achive alot more :( but he likes football ( not the best team , but we all can't support Villa so...) and he like's Prince. Winner.

So just to clear up I don't like to have a 'style' but i do like lots of styles. I think my branding reflects that and can also be changed when ever to suit what ever client you are working for.

At the moment its simple i use black , white and 1 other colour, something bright and bold. I then like to use a Sans Serif font in the vain of (oh no) Helvetica, Arial or Futura ,condensed extra bold ( i like Nike ). I think this gives of a professional, yet netrual look and hopefully translates to a number of clients/audience's.

Check out Craig's website it's very good and has lots of rambling's about "hands on poster's" and holding stuff when taking photo's and loads and loads and loads and loads of other stuff Design related and not Design related.


No comments:

Post a Comment